Error building hostapd

Tim Boneko tim at boneko.de
Thu Aug 18 17:08:11 EDT 2005

Hi,
in order to replace wep with wpa encryption i downloaded the latest
hostapd sources (stable and development). I couldn´t build any of them
because the build quit after a few seconds complaining about

md5.h:6:25: openssl/md5.h: File or directory not found

obviously because there is no openssl directory. I guess i would have
had to include any infos in the Makefile or anywhere else, but where?
I edited defconfig to my needs and copied it to .config (all of this in
the source directory). What am i missing?
Thx,

	timbo