wpa_supplicant in bridge mode

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Aug 9 09:08:08 EDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 07:39:58PM +0800, cathy wrote:

>  I need to porting wpa_supplicant with madwifi driver in Bridge Mode.

> wpa_s->l2 = l2_packet_init(wpa_s->ifname, ETH_P_ALL,
> wpa_supplicant_rx_eapol, wpa_s); --> changed -->This can receive packet from
> AP

And it will receive lots of other packets, too, and as such, it would
consume quite a bit of CPU.

> But...wpa_supplicant does not work well.

Well, no. If ifname is br0, all the driver ioctls fail..

One way of working arund this is to open two l2_packet sockets. One for
wpa_s->ifname (e.g., ath0) and another one for bridge. wpa_s->ifname
must be pointing to the real wlan device, but EAPOL frames will be
received from the bridge interface.