Host AP/hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new development release v0.4.0

Henrik Brix Andersen brix at gentoo.org
Tue Apr 26 05:53:03 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 20:43 -0700, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> A new version of Prism2/2.5/3 Host AP driver, wpa_supplicant, and
> hostapd were just released and are now available from
> http://hostap.epitest.fi/

I have added preliminary Gentoo ebuilds to my portage overlay at
http://dev.gentoo.org/~brix/files/overlay/net-wireless/ - they will
enter portage after a bit of local testing.

> wpa_supplicant licensing is now a bit less complex since all files are
> available under the same dual license (GPLv2 & BSD). Previously, a
> driver interface implementation was available only under GPL, but it is
> now dual licensed. In the future, I hope that all contributions to
> wpa_supplicant (and hostapd, for that matter) are made available under
> these two licenses to avoid complexity involved in having some parts
> of the program being licensed under different terms. Please also note
> that hostap-driver and hostap-utils remain under GPLv2 only license.

Great news! I have modified the 0.4.0 ebuilds to indicate that hostapd
and wpa_supplicant are now fully dual-licensed. I'm sure our Gentoo/*BSD
team will be thrilled about this... :)

Sincerely,
Brix
--