wpa_supplicant messaging

Martin Samuelsson hostap at cos.user.lysator.liu.se
Mon Apr 25 09:54:53 EDT 2005

[This is mostly to keep the Debian Bug Tracking system updated, but list
is Cc:ed too]

The below quoted is related to this bug if I don't totally miss
understood it.

I still think it should be a part of the wpa_supplicant executable for
two reasons:

1. Having one additional process just for starting scripts seems like
   resource waste.
2. Having one configuration file for configuring all wireless stuff
   would be better for the user than a bunch of places that have to be
   edited.

For the practical part with this existing code though wpa_cli could be
started with a script that parses a configuration file and chooses what
argument to give to ifup. E.g. "ifup eth0=wifihome"
--
/Martin