wpa supplicant interoperability with IAS server for EAP-TLS

J I jmi_1996 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 08:14:15 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to authenticate wpa_supplicant with IAS server using TLS  authentication , but after the client certificate is sent to the IAS  server an alert message is received specifying "access denied".I followed the following steps :

1. I generated the client certificate using the certificate service in IAS server
2. Configured the certificate in Trusted Root Certificates store.
3. Converted the certificate of .pfx format to .pem format using Openssl utility.
4. Then the obtained .pem ( both for certificate and private key file )format certificate , i configured it in wpa_supplicant , with the passphrase.

           With the above mentioned steps the authentication process reached upto certificate handshake , as soon as Client certificate is sent to Authentication server ( IAS ) an alert message specifying "access denied" was received.

Attached with the mail is the zipped file containing the wpa_supplicant logs for the above problem.

Can anyone please help me to proceed with the successful authentication with IAS server using EAP-TLS ( Smart Card or Other Certificates ).

Thanks & Best Regards,
JMI.