Association being actively denied by AP

Mr. The Plague mrtheplague at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 01:02:17 EDT 2005

I ran a Kismet dump during my failed association attempts. I found
that my wifi0 (minipci prism2.5 card) was advertising 11M bit rate
only, while the AP was expecting 1, 2, 5.5 and 11, and thus denied
authentication. "Association denied due to requesting station not
supporting all of the datarates in the BSSBasicServiceSet (0x0012)"

Is this a problem in the card's firmware, the AP, or in hostap?

Thanks,
mtp

ps My apologies if this gets sent multiple times, I'm having channel
issues with cordless phones in the vicinity, and possibly interrupt
issues. :(