Firmware load and procfs

Daniel Anderson shuuhen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 00:35:01 EDT 2005

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to get the HostAP drivers to work with my D-Link DWL-650
Rev. P PCMCIA card.  My laptop is running Yellow Dog Linux 3.0.1
(should be similar to Red Hat 8 or 9).  Everytime I try to load the
firmware with 'hostap_fw_load wlan0' I get the message "Host AP driver
data for device wlan0 not found in procfs."

This is the output from dmesg after 'modprobe hostap_cs':
hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
hostap_cs: 0.3.7 - 2005-02-12 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)

I looked in /proc/net/hostap and found nothing.  I'm wondering what
other people have in that folder.  Is the driver data for wlan0
supposed to be located somewhere else?

Any helpful ideas, solutions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel