wpa_supplicant connection problem with PEAP in 802.1X (FreeRadius 1.01)

YenJung Chang yenjung at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:07:38 EDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 10:34 AM, Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 02:55:19PM +0800, YenJung Chang wrote:
>
> > The attached file in this reply is just the log file for this problem.
>
> This log file looks truncated. Everything looks fine in it, but the
> final lines of the authentication are not included, so it is quite
> difficult to guess what is happening. Please add one more -d to command
> line for more verbosity and make sure the log file is being recorded for
> a longer period of time to include full authentication.
>
> --

Thanks for all your replies.

I tested it few days, and, finally, I thought the problem maybe is not
in wpa_supplicant, bcz wpa_supplicant could connect to it for a long
time (more than 1 min).
It seems FreeRadius evaluate the coming packet via the order of list
in authorize section in radiusd.conf, and I put eap in the very end in
the list, hence, wpa_supplicant spends more time to connect.
And the time was reduced after I raised eap order in the list.
BTW, do you have any idea how to reduce the connection time further,
it still needs about 30 seconds even I raised eap to the top.

Regards,
YJ.