ad-hoc scanning

Leonardo Maccari maccari-thisaintpartofmyaddress- at lenst.det.unifi.it
Tue Apr 5 09:20:18 EDT 2005

In ad-hoc mode I need to know which machines are my neighbour, and their
MAC address to start a 4-way handshake with them. I've seen that
wpa_supplicant_get_scan_results() gives scan results in this structure:

struct wpa_scan_result {
	u8 bssid[ETH_ALEN];
	u8 ssid[32];
	size_t ssid_len;
	u8 wpa_ie[SSID_MAX_WPA_IE_LEN];
	size_t wpa_ie_len;
	u8 rsn_ie[SSID_MAX_WPA_IE_LEN];
	size_t rsn_ie_len;
	int freq; /* MHz */
	int caps; /* e.g. privacy */
	int qual; /* signal quality */
	int noise;
	int level;
	int maxrate;
};

where MAC address of the neighbour is not present, just bssid. This is
ok in infrastructure mode, when BSSID=MAC of AP, but how can I get MAC
address of neighbours in ad-hoc mode?

ciao,
leonardo.

--
   Key fingerprint = 3129 C583 F03B 2E73 0115  C040 3489 0185 B592 19FE
 Obviously -thisaintpartofmyaddress- is not part of my real email address