Using Aux ports to send Control frames...

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed Sep 29 22:26:05 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 04:26:02PM +0200, Sami FAKHOURY wrote:

> Actually Im kind of a beginner in hostap...I red an interesting article
> where they stated that it's possible to send control frames with hostap
> using Aux ports I admit it wasn't so clear for me...

Taking into account that nowadays there are many other chipsets that
provide much less restricted access to sending and receiving raw IEEE
802.11 frames, I don't see much point in trying to do tricks like using
Aux port memory access with Prism2.. It is trivial to implement raw
packet sending with many of the cards with no (or minimal) firmware and
everything done in the driver.