wpa_supplicant and IPW2100 Driver.

Alejandro Bonilla abonilla at linuxwireless.org
Thu Sep 16 16:08:54 EDT 2004

Hi,

    I'm new to the list. I hope this is also related to wpa_supplicant.
I want to get wpa_supplicant to work with LEAP authentication Open/WEP/LEAP.

1. Is there a driver requirement for this? I mean should the Driver
Support WPA even if not using it?
2. Have anyone here heard of someone using an Intel 2100 that worked
with LEAP and wpa_supp?

This is my config.

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
network={
pairwise=NONE
ssid=1200
key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
eap=LEAP
identity="administrator at domain.com"
password="mypassword"
}

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Output:

First iwconfig eth1 essid 1200 enc 1234567890 open
Once associated :

debian: /root/hostap/wpa_supplicant# ./wpa_supplicant -dd -i eth1 -c
/root/wpa_supplicant.conf
Configuration file '/root/wpa_supplicant.conf' ->
'/root/wpa_supplicant.conf'
Reading configuration file '/root/wpa_supplicant.conf'
ctrl_interface='/var/run/wpa_supplicant'
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
Line: 5 - start of a new network block
pairwise: 0x1
ssid - hexdump_ascii(len=2):
     12 00                                             __
key_mgmt: 0x8
eap methods - hexdump(len=2): 11 00
identity - hexdump_ascii(len=23):
     61 64 6d 69 6e 69 73 74 72 61 74 6f 72 40 69 6e   administrator at do
     74 65 6c 2e 63 6f 6d                              main.com
password - hexdump_ascii(len=5):
     69 6e 74 65 6c                                    mypassword
Priority group 0
   id=0 ssid='_'
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state DISCONNECTED
EAPOL: KEY_RX entering state NO_KEY_RECEIVE
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state INITIALIZE
EAP: EAP entering state DISABLED
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
Own MAC address: 00:04:23:50:cf:eb
wpa_driver_wext_set_wpa
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
Failed to enable WPA in the driver.
wpa_driver_wext_set_wpa
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
Failed to disable WPA in the driver.
wpa_driver_wext_set_drop_unencrypted
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
wpa_driver_wext_set_countermeasures
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported

Thanks,

- Alex