Ndiswrapper + WPA ....failed to initiate AP scan?

michael robinson mrobinson28 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 15:48:48 EDT 2004

Every time I attempt to connect with wpa_supplicant I always eventually get:

     Authentication with 00:06:da:38:f5 timed out

and then a little latter...

     Failed to initiate AP scan

Then I guess the process times out and nothing else happens. I have tried
every combination of configurations that I have read in the archives but to
no avail.

My current setup is Fedora Core 2 with a Linksys WMP54G card attempting to
connect to a WRT54G router. I have ndiswrapper version .10 installed (and
working fine without encryption). I have attempted using two different
broadcom drivers for the nic both bcmwl5a and bcmwl5. Both of these drivers
work for me without encryption.

wpa_supplicant.conf currently contains:

crtl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant #for wpa_cli support

ap_scan=1

network={
  ssid="mynetwork"
  scan_ssid=1