802.1x auth with wpa_supp?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu Sep 16 00:19:24 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 10:25:30PM +1200, Morgan Read wrote:

> Well that was much more exciting!  At least to my eyes...
>
> I ran as you suggested per the hostap driver (not wext).

Yes, indeed, this time the EAPOL negotiation was at least started.
However, the AP/authentication server did not seem to like the identity
response from the client.

> EAP: Received EAP-Request method=1 id=2
> EAP: EAP entering state IDENTITY
> EAP: EAP-Request Identity data - hexdump_ascii(len=0):
> EAP: using real identity - hexdump_ascii(len=10):
>      45 43 2f 6d 72 65 61 30 30 35                     EC/mrea005

Are you sure that is the current username? If "EC" is the domain part,
that should most likely be EC\mrea005, not EC/mrea005..

> Wireless event: cmd=0x8b15 len=20
> Wireless event: new AP: 00:00:00:00:00:00
> Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec
> EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
> EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state DISCONNECTED

It looks like the AP disassociated the stations. This could have
happened, e.g., because the authentication server rejected access to
EC/mrea005 identity.