Most stable firmware? -- high load?

nettie nettie at apple2.com
Tue Sep 14 11:03:37 EDT 2004

Hi again guys,

thanx to your and Jouni feedbacks I was able to download new firmwares
on my Prism2.5 adapter, I'm testing the various versions and I just
figured out that the latest firmware I was able to find v1.8.3 doesnt
performs as good as others like the 1.4.9 which comes by default on my
adapter. I'm not using professional software or hardware to evaluate
them,  but as far as I can see the signal quality/stability using the
latest firmware seems worse.

I'm trying to figure out which is the best primary/secondary firmware
duo for your guys.

Reading the mailing list archive I noticed some people has very stable
links running primary firmware 1.1.1 and secodanry firmware 1.7.4.

I'm also interested in real life experience using hostap with a large
number of STA's, did you guys experienced any problems?

Thanx again.

nettie