PATCH: wired eapol receive/send

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Sep 12 23:09:12 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:58:38AM +0200, Gunter Burchardt wrote:

> First patch to bring wired authentication with hostapd alive. This
> patch enables hostapd to send and recieve eapol frames via ethernet.
> Furthermore sta detection is implemented via dhcp for station which
> didn't send eapol-start (like winxp supplicant).

I applied this to hostapd now even though question about how to detect
new devices is still somewhat open. This is a good starting point and
allows people to start experimenting with the code. I verified that this
works in my test setup and added an example configuration, wired.conf,
that is quite minimal example of how to setup wired authenticator.

> In ieee802_11.c auth_get_sta() is implemented. I think this function
> should move to hostapd.c . There are no 802.11 thinks in this function.
> At the moment i declared this function to extern.

I moved this to sta_info.c as ap_sta_add().