WPA-PSK accepted for key management, but no PSK configured.

Simon Males sime at anticd.org
Thu Sep 9 10:45:17 EDT 2004

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> Well, you would not need, if you were to disable PSK.. key_mgmt default
> to include both WPA-PSK and WPA-EAP, so you need to explicitly set it to
> key_mgmt=WPA-EAP for this case.

Thanks Jouni. Rocci has actually assisted me off list.

I am running a hostap card so I need hostapd to manage the keys in
station mode (not quite sure what that means).

so my wpa_supplicant contains
        ssid="ACHERNAR-BG"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        eap=PEAP
        pairwise=TKIP
        group=TKIP
        ca_cert="/etc/cert/cert.pem"
        phase1="peaplabel=0"
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
        priority=10

hostapd currently contains
	wpa=0
	wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
	wpa_pairwise=TKIP
	ssid=ACHERNAR-BG

The rest is default. Running wpa_supplicant I get the following.

EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state DISCONNECTED
EAPOL: KEY_RX entering state NO_KEY_RECEIVE
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state INITIALIZE
EAP: EAP entering state DISABLED
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
wpa_driver_hostap_set_wpa: enabled=1
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
Failed to enable WPA in the driver.
wpa_driver_hostap_set_wpa: enabled=0
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: Operation not supported
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported

--
Simon Males <sime at anticd.org>
No More AOL CDs Australia - www.anticd.org