WPA && bridge_packets dont work

Karel Rericha karel at maxent.cz
Thu Sep 9 03:35:32 EDT 2004

Jouni Malinen napsal(a):

>>wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:40:05:AF:4B:C9
>>          inet6 addr: fe80::240:5ff:feaf:4bc9/64 Scope:Link
>>

>Any particular reason for configuring that IPv6 address on wlan0? I
>don't know whether it can cause something like this, but you did not
>have similar address on eth0 and one should not configure IP addresses
>for the devices that are in a bridge..

I would guess that this is some kind of default behaviour, I have same
bridge config and my
wlan0 and br0 have IPv6 identical too. I did nothing to set any of them
AFAIK. I have Mandrake
10.0, 2.6.3-14 kernel, hostap 0.2.4. Bridge is running fine, but I don´t
use 802.1x (anyway it looks
like this is not the problem).

Karel Rericha