PATCH: wired eapol receive/send

Gunter Burchardt gbur at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Wed Sep 8 02:46:09 EDT 2004

> Is there any particular reason for parsing DHCP packets? One option
> would be to open packet socket on the same interface with Linux Socket
> filter to capture the packets and then take the layer 2 address from
> them. Then again, this may not end up being much simpler. Eventually, I
> would assume this could be replaced with something like iptables
> firewall queueing packets from unknown MAC addresses for user space
> processing and all devices would be noticed whenever they send the first
> packet, no matter whether it is DHCP or something else, i.e., static IP
> and non-IPv4 hosts would also be processed.

New plan! I will write a kernel module to filter pacets from assoziated
stations. Since 2.4 it is possible to register netfilter hooks. With
help of this, a callback function can decide which packet will be droped
or passed. This module will have a misc device. Over ipctrls you can
configure it (like you did it in hostap driver). I will borrow some
code of hostap driver ;)

regards
gunter