firmware not loading

Josh Wyatt jdwyatt at joshua.raleigh.nc.us
Mon Oct 25 13:18:05 EDT 2004

Andrew Barr wrote:

> The subsystem line doesn't match my card (I know it's a rev.E). My subsystem
> line says "D-Link System Inc DWL-520 Wireless PCI Adapter, Rev E1". Numeric
> subsystem IDs are 1186:3700. Run 'lspci -vvv -n -s 01:08.0" to match up the
> numeric IDs.

wap root # lspci -vvv -n -s 01:08.0
01:08.0 Class 0280: 1260:3873 (rev 01)
         Subsystem: 1260:3873
         Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-

> Months ago I remember something being discussed about issues with firmware
> download and non-Intel chipsets and processors. What's your processor and
> chipset?

This machine is a Dell GX150 I believe, intell 815 chipset with p3 800,
coppermine...

> http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/firmware
>
> Where did you get the firmware you have now if you haven't been there?

I found the site http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/, which was referenced
by hostap FAQ #5, and followed a link from that site to
http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/firmware/.

Thanks,
Josh