offset_in_page implicit declaration

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed Oct 13 23:55:47 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 07:22:55PM +0200, Sebastian Weitzel wrote:

> I am using kernel 2.4.27. I get several warning that offset_in_page is
> implicitly declared. Hostap crypto modules dont load.
> I compared linux/mm.h from 2.6 with 2.4 and saw that only in 2.6
> #define offset_in_page(p)	((unsingend long)(p) & ~PAGE_MASK)
> was declared.

Thanks for reporting this. I have not tested Crypto API version of Host
AP crypto with Linux 2.4, so this was not noticed earlier. I added a
backwards compatibility code for defining offset_in_page to the CVS.
This seems to be compiling without errors, but I did not test whether it
actually works with Linux 2.4.x.