2.4.24 build on alpha.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Oct 11 23:57:01 EDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 03:38:56PM -0400, shogunx wrote:

> I'm having a bit of a problem compiling hostap-0.2.5 for the alpha
> architecture:

Which alpha system (CONFIG_ALPHA_?) is this on? Is there some special
patches in the kernel or is this with vanilla kernel.org kernel tree?

> warnings from make modules
>
> hostap_pci.c: In function `hfa384x_from_bap':
> hostap_pci.c:137: warning: implicit declaration of function `readw'
> hostap_pci.c:140: warning: implicit declaration of function `readb'
> hostap_pci.c: In function `hfa384x_to_bap':
> hostap_pci.c:155: warning: implicit declaration of function `writew'
> hostap_pci.c:158: warning: implicit declaration of function `writeb'
> hostap_pci.c: In function `prism2_pci_probe':
> hostap_pci.c:257: warning: implicit declaration of function `ioremap'
> hostap_pci.c:305: warning: implicit declaration of function `iounmap'

Hmm.. asm-alpha/io.h seems to be defining ioremap() as inline function
and this should be included for hostap_pci.c.. However, it looks like
asm-alpha/pci.h is not including this in the same as many other
architectures are doing.. Could you please try adding following line to
hostap_pci.c after the #include <linux/pci.h> line and recompile?

#include <asm/io.h>

If this is not enough to fix the issue, please send the full compiler
command that was used to compile the file? In addition, it would be
interesting to know what makefiles you are using if you run 'make
modules' instead of just 'make' that the Host AP driver is normally
using.. Is this patched into the kernel tree?