Ndiswrapper + wpa_supplicant error

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Sun Oct 10 09:12:50 EDT 2004

Hello,

I  constantly get the same error when I try to use wpa_supplicant with
ndiswrapper.  After  reading the lists archive I saw the advice to use
the latest dev. version of both programs, but that does not work. What
could be the cause of the error below:

[dennis at raptor ~]$ sudo wpa_supplicant -dd -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpasupplicant.conf
Configuration file '/etc/wpasupplicant.conf' -> '/etc/wpasupplicant.conf'
Reading configuration file '/etc/wpasupplicant.conf'
ctrl_interface='/var/run/wpa_supplicant'
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
Line: 187 - start of a new network block
ssid - hexdump_ascii(len=11):
     6b 61 61 72 73 65 6d 61 6b 65 72                  kaarsemaker
proto: 0x1
scan_ssid=1 (0x1)
key_mgmt: 0x2
group: 0x8
PSK - hexdump(len=32): (Hidden by me)
Priority group 0
   id=0 ssid='kaarsemaker'
Own MAC address: 00:0e:a6:9d:ac:09
Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec
Starting AP scan (specific SSID)
Scan SSID - hexdump_ascii(len=11):
     6b 61 61 72 73 65 6d 61 6b 65 72                  kaarsemaker
ioctl[SIOCSIWSCAN{,EXT}]: No such device
Failed to initiate AP scan.
Scan timeout - try to get results
ioctl[SIOCGIWSCAN]: Operation not supported
Scan results: -1

--
Dennis K.
  And that's the way the cookie crumbles