hostapd possible hang with firmware 1.8.2?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu Oct 7 22:36:10 EDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 11:06:31AM +0200, Ulf Jakobsson wrote:

> If I do "killall hostapd" and then restart it within 5 sec the hostapd
> will not start and an error is shown.
>
> This is happening with firmware 1.8.2, not with 1.7.4
> Is this a right behaviour?

Clearly not. This looks like a bug in the station firmware. I think it
is triggered by sending of a deauthentication frame. You could try
commenting this part from hostapd by removing ieee802_11_send_deauth()
call in hostapd_deauth_all_stas() function of hostapd/hostapd.c. This
seems to be enough to help in most of my tests.