Having problems sending DHCP information over wireless bridge

Wayne Liu wayne_w_liu at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 22:24:49 EDT 2004

This seems to me like a WDS issue. By sending DHCP
requests on half of the hosts on the orther side,
WET11 is working as if it's a wireless bridge when
it's not, because I bet it's not packing up the DHCP
pkts in 802.11 header with all 4 MAC adddresses used,
which is the WDS case. That's why hostap is discarding
the DHCP requests, due to, like Jonathan said, those
hosts are not associated.
The reason that other traffic works is probably
because they are routed, not switched, so they use
WET11's association.
Just my two pennies.

Waynix