Linksys WRT54G not sending WPA/RSN IEs?

Tony Espy espy at pepper.com
Tue Nov 30 19:52:27 EST 2004

I'm having problems getting WPA-PSK to work between a Linksys WRT54G AP
(fw ver=v2.04.4 ) and a Linux tablet running hostap (v0.25) &
wpa_supplicant (v0.25).  I'm running a 2.4.20 kernel with the Wireless
Extensions v15 patch + wireless_tools v27.

When I run wpa_supplicant in the foreground w/the debug switch, the scan
results for the WRT54G always come back with a wpa_ie_len of 0, so the
AP is skipped.

Has anyone else had problems with a WRT54G not sending WPA/RSN IEs?

Note -- I've made sure that "wireless SSID broadcast" is set to "enabled".

thanks,
Tony Espy
Pepper Computer, Inc.