wpa_supplicant pkg-config patch

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Nov 30 01:07:51 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 04:25:20PM +0100, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

> I've written a patch for the Makefile of wpa_supplicant-0.2.5 to use
> pkg-config to determine the LIBS and CFLAGS to use for pcsc-lite and
> OpenSSL.

Thanks! I have not been using pkg-config much, but based on what I can
see, it does not seem to handle cross compilation cases, nor cases where
there are more than one version of the library installed, easily. Both
of these cases are quite common for wpa_supplicant.

> I have removed the commented lines for setting CFLAGS and LIBS for
> unusual installation paths of OpenSSL since this can now be handled
> globally by setting the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH to the path
> of the .pc file(s).

Or would this be the way to handle cross compilation or multiple
versions with pkg-config? Sounds somewhat complex if I need to end up
writing one set of .pc files for each target system (of which there are
dozen or so)..

I would still prefer to be able to easily set these paths and library
selection in the Makefile, .config, and make command line. Having
pkg-config as the default should be ok, but I would like to first verify
that some of the not-so-simple cross compilation setups do not suffer
too much with this kind of change.