wpa_supplicant: new driver interface API

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Nov 30 00:28:48 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 03:35:11PM +0100, Sebastian Weitzel wrote:

> I did not yet found time to look at the source, but do you think it would
> be possible to integrate a multi-interface (or multi-config) support to
> wpa_supplicant as it is already in hostapd?

This was not in my original plans, but the use of the same event loop
implementation that is used in hostapd should make this quite
straightforwarded. In fact, I ended up doing this now.

> It would be nice to support multiple interfaces with one wpa_supplicant to
> save memory and configuration overhead.

The current devel snapshot should have this implemented. I tested only
with a dummy driver interface as an extra interface and one real radio
and it seemed to work. Anyway, if you end up testing this, please let me
know whether it works with two (or more) real radios..

You will need to specify all interfaces on the command line, separated
with -N. For example:

wpa_supplicant -cwpa1.conf -iwlan0 -Dhostap -N -cwpa2.conf -iath0 -Dmadwifi