problem with madwifi drivers

pepe perez reeopp at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 25 09:21:46 EST 2004

Hi YenJung!
I think I already tried it, anyway I have just tried again and not so much
difference:

dhcppc0:~ # wpa_supplicant -iath0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -d
Configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf' -> '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'
Reading configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'
ctrl_interface='/var/run/wpa_supplicant'
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
Priority group 1
   id=0 ssid='OSCARLAN'
Using existing control interface directory.
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state DISCONNECTED
EAPOL: KEY_RX entering state NO_KEY_RECEIVE
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state INITIALIZE
EAP: EAP entering state DISABLED
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
wpa_driver_madwifi_set_wpa: enabled=1
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETPARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETPARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETPARAM]: Operation not supported
Failed to enable WPA in the driver.
wpa_driver_madwifi_set_wpa: enabled=0
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETOPTIE]: Operation not supported
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETPARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETPARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETPARAM]: Operation not supported
Failed to disable WPA in the driver.
wpa_driver_madwifi_set_drop_unencrypted: enabled=0
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETPARAM]: Operation not supported
wpa_driver_madwifi_set_countermeasures: enabled=0
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETPARAM]: Operation not supported
Control interface directory not empty - leaving it behind

It looks like something else is going on, meybe in configuration or
compilation....

Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Oscar