Question regarding WPA(-PSK)

Sebastian Kaps seb at toyland.sauerland.de
Sun Nov 21 12:45:56 EST 2004

Hi!

I have a SMC2802W V2 card which I'm running with ndiswrapper.
I want to use WPA-PSK encryption, so I installed wpasupplicant.

This basically works, but I always have to run "wpa_cli reassociate"
after bringing up the interface. Otherwise I can't connect to my access
point.

Can this be automated somehow?

Here's my /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf:
,----
| ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant # for wpa_cli support
|
| network={
|   ssid="WLAN"
|   psk="secret"
|   key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
|   proto=WPA
| }
`----

wpa_supplicant itself is started by ifup(8) like this:
,----
`----
--
Ciao, Sebastian