Ndiswrapper +wpa_supplicant

Andrew Duane andrew at duaneville.com
Sun Nov 21 12:14:33 EST 2004

Bingo!

All I changed was to remove scan_ssid from the configuration file and it
worked.

If you need me to post anything else about my config let me know so it can
help others.

To summarise I use ndiswrapper 0.11 wpa_supplicant 0.2.5 with Linux 2.6.9
kernel on Fedora distro. With a linsys wrt54g ap/router and a linksys wmp54g
pci card.

With the following .config:

CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXTENSION=y
CONFIG_DRIVER_NDISWRAPPER=y

And my wpa_supplicant.conf:

# allow frontend (e.g., wpa_cli) to be used by all users in 'wheel' group
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=users
#
# home network; allow all valid ciphers