wpa_supplicant 0.2.5 + ipw2100 0.62: problem authenticating with WPA-PSK

Pedro Ramalhais ramalhais at serrado.net
Thu Nov 18 14:20:10 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 16:24, Somsak Sriprayoonsakul wrote:
> Hi,
>   Here's my environment
>
> Dell Latitude 500 (Intel Centrino + Intel Pro 2100 miniPCI card)
> OS: Fedora Core 3
> AP: 3com OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless Router (3CRWE754G72-A)
> AP configuration: WPA-PSK with TKIP
> wpa_supplicant version: 0.2.5 + ipw2100 patch from
> http://www.uninova.pt/~pmr/files/WPA/ (I recompile ATRpms SRPMS of
> wpa_supplicant with ipw2100 patched)
> ipw2100 version: 0.62
>
>    I base my configuration on WPA-HOWTO.sh script (on ipw2100 patched
> site). My problem is that, WPA-PSK does not works on my card. I've try
> driverloader + windows xp driver (with -Dhostap) and everything works
> (except that it needs special kernel with stack size = 16kb which is
> not working properly on Centrino). I compare the verbose log message
> of the two drivers, it seems as if something wrong happened between
> handshake 3 of 4 and "authenticated". Could someone kindly help me out
> of this problems?
>    Attached with this mail is the -ddd log from wpa_supplicant for
> both configuration (driverloader and ipw2100) also dmesg log from my
> machine.
>    Sorry if the problem does not belongs to wpa_supplicant. I don't
> sure whether this is ipw2100 driver issue or wpa_supplicant. But the
> card works well without WPA enable.

Try 0.56 + wpa-eapol patch
Check http://www.uninova.pt/~pmr/files/WPA/WPA-HOWTO-script.sh for URLs.
0.56 + wpa-eapol patch is the only version that works for me 100% with
WPA, other versions have problems with four-way handshake or with GTK
rekeying. Those problems are being worked on.
--
Pedro Ramalhais <ramalhais at serrado.net>