eap-tls, hostapd with XP client and linux client

Ulf Jakobsson fluffe at home.se
Tue May 25 11:25:36 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have successfully authenticated a linux client (xsupplicant) with an
ap running hostapd 0.2.1 that talks to a radius server ( FreeRADIUS
0.9.3 debian/unstable) with eap-tls.

I have also successfully authenticated an win XP client, but after some
30-60 seconds the win XP client seems to send a new request and the
radius server accepts, then the radius server starts to clean up
requests and the win XP client drops its connection and I need to
"Connect" the client again.

When I see this message in the radius log the win XP client drops the
connection:

Waking up in 6 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Cleaning up request 0 ID 37 with timestamp 40b35dec
Cleaning up request 1 ID 38 with timestamp 40b35dec
Cleaning up request 2 ID 39 with timestamp 40b35dec
Cleaning up request 3 ID 40 with timestamp 40b35dec
Cleaning up request 4 ID 41 with timestamp 40b35dec
Cleaning up request 5 ID 42 with timestamp 40b35dec
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.

Has anyone a clue whats going on?

/Regards Ulf

The win XP client has the latest WPA-patch from Mircosoft.
I have attached a stripped down version of the radius log.