multi-ap network with wds

Sergey Basmanov sergey at billing.idknet.com
Tue May 18 10:40:30 EDT 2004

Hi All.
I'm plannig to cover some area with 3 or more APs with link reservation
via wds links.
As an example, I'll use a triangle. 3 APs are connected to each other
via wds links, and stays on same channel and use same ESSID.
Question: will I have loss of quality if distance between APs is about
1-2km and I'm using 120 deg. sector antennas?
I'm afraid of that signals from one AP will be a noise for another. I'm
not familiar with physics of 802.11 proto, so why I'm asking You.

Thank You.