bridge or ip forwarding

Kelly Hogan kshogan at linora.com
Fri May 7 10:38:43 EDT 2004

Bridging operates at the level two layer.  Only the bridged interface
can have an IP address.  If you want to bridge at a higher level in the
stack, see Proxy Arp bridging.  The advantages of level two is all
interfaces see all packets, and you can manage the bridge as a single
interface for rules.

KH