PCMCIA from WAP11

Pawel Hajto hajto at salbis.net
Wed Mar 31 14:35:36 EST 2004

Hi there,

   I've got a PCMCIA card from a Linksys WAP11 v1.1 with a dead ethernet
port. The card is OK, the wireless part of the WAP works fine
(can associate clients, ping the WAP, etc). It seems to be based on
Prism2/2.5 chipset. However, I tried to run it in a laptop, but windows
nor linux doesn't recognize it. Nothing happens :(, no info in logs
(linux). The flash.exe DOS utility can't talk to the card, refuses
extracting any firmware, CIS, etc.
   Any ideas how to turn this into a working card? Want to run it with
hostap...

Paul