TX power - growl!

mike-hostap at tiedyenetworks.com mike-hostap at tiedyenetworks.com
Tue Mar 30 21:53:43 EST 2004

Howdy,

	So why is the subject of TX power such a dark mysterious secret?
I've got some seano/engenius cards (pcmcia) and some I use in access point
configurations, and others I use in client devices. But in either mode,
setting the tx power using the iwpriv wlan0 prism2_param 6 x command
doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on the power output of the
card. Yes my testing is suspect because I don't have a spectrum analyzer
at my disposal and I was only able to test by associating with a cisco AP
and reading the 'received signal strength', but still I can't detect any
change wether I use 1, 50, 126, 129 or 254. I also tried the wlan-ng
drivers (for client mode) and they claim no tx powers are available.. so
I'm just lost.

--

WillitsOnline.Com - Your LOCAL provider of High Speed Internet!