Cisco Aironet 340 client, W2k SP4, and 802.1X

Antti Mäkelä zarhan at cs.tut.fi
Mon Mar 15 15:03:10 EST 2004

Jouni Malinen wrote:

> auth_alg 128 is Cisco's proprietary LEAP/network EAP which is not
> supported. You will need to disable this in the client if you want to
> use standard IEEE 802.1X.

  Hmm, that's odd. I haven't even installed LEAP, only PEAP in Cisco's
utility. For some reason it then insists on using LEAP.

  Oh well, maybe I can somehow get rid of the other components in Cisco's
client package and just keep the driver.

--
- Antti Mäkelä - http://www.cs.tut.fi/~zarhan - zarhan at cs.tut.fi -
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly