Hostap and Wet11

Neil hostap at 2790.net
Thu Mar 11 18:30:18 EST 2004

Hellow:

1:  i set up hostap using  toshiba laptop P2-266-96MB and card from a WET-11

RE: post  http://lists.bawug.org/pipermail/wireless/2003-August/013154.html

I have install Tekram PCF200 driver, + pcmcia card from Linksys WET11
in Toshiba

The driver load ok,  card  recognized as an IEEE 802.11b WLAN PC Card v3.0
Can connect to  WAP11  flashed with DWL900AP+ firmware

I try to update card using winupdate with prism25-156.zip  firmware found
from above link.

when i start winupdate it load in memory "i see it with CTL+ALT+DEL
but it never comes  the foreground .

i try WinUpdate-0-5-1-0 it also seem to stay in background.

So I updated the card using DOS>flash.exe V0.5
flash -legacy -5v
flash -legacy -5v -on -i Pk010101.hex
flash -legacy -5v -g -d sf010506.hex

All seems ok and now i see from dmesg
wlan0: NIC: id=0x801b v1.0.0
wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.0.7
wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v.1.5.6

I would like to try later firmware 1.7.1  1.7.4  1.8
but as i cant backup working card with winupdate
Or flash.exe  it wont play backup either
for me.

Can any one help me with some reason winupdate not working
befor i kill my card with trying other firmware.

2:  Do you think this laptop  up to hostap job with 8 client connect

  Thanks
             Neil.