working with client bridges

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Mar 2 01:16:59 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 03:03:34PM -0500, Brad Langhorst wrote:

> I'm planning to recommend that users of our community network use senao
> client bridges to connect desktop computers.
>
> This works fine if the bridge is set to "spoof" it's mac address as
> whatever is connected to it on the ethernet side but if it reports its
> own mac address hostap doesn't want to deliver packets to the
> unassociated macs of wired clients...

Do you happen to know how this client bridge expects to receive these
frames? If it acts as a standard IEEE 802.11 client that associates, it
cannot really receive frames for other MAC addresses.. However, if it
uses something like WDS, the frames could be used. Does this mode work
with other APs? Do you have wireless sniffer logs that would show how
the device works?