WPA + ndiswrapper

Giridhar Pemmasani giri at lmc.cs.sunysb.edu
Wed Jun 30 01:57:05 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to add WPA to ndiswrapper (http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net).
I have implemented all the necessary functionality that I think is
needed for WPA, but, of course, "it doesn't work"!

I first tried to use wpa_supplicant 0.2.1, 0.2.2 and 0.2.3 and didn't
make much progress, so decided to keep as simple as possible by
borrowing wpa_supplicant from driverloader, as that is known to
work. Right now, everything seems to work properly until setting
tx_key. I believe wpa_supplicant expects an EAPOL message, which never
arrives, so it gives up and a fresh scan is issued. I am wondering if
you could shed some light into what could be the problem. I am
attaching the output of wpa_supplicant below.

I know almost nothing about WPA and what little I know I have gathered
from a Windows 802.11 document. I have simply followed developer.txt,
driver.h and other drivers' implementations. If you would like more
details, feel free to ask me.

I am not subscribed to the list, so please CC me.

The output of wpa_supplicant (with "-dd" option):