Wireless event: cmd=0x8c00 len=20

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jun 23 22:31:12 EDT 2004

The link between my hostap (0.2.3) laptop and my SMC AP with WPA seems
to go dead every now and then.  Seems like it's a timing issue of some
kind but the time is long enough that it only usually happens during an
extended absence from the unit.

When it happens I see the following on the wpa_supplicant:

        Wireless event: cmd=0x8c00 len=20

over and over again.

It seems to have just rectified itself this most recent time for the
first time (perhaps because this is the first time I have been patient
enough for it to work itself out) and wpa_supplicant went through it's
authentication business but in the log I also see that the interface
went down and came back up so maybe the dhcp client prompted
wpa_supplicant to do it's thing again.

So what's the wireless event it keeps telling me about?  Could it be
causing the link to go dead?

b.