Transmitting in monitor mode

AP-Research HostAP-Research at rescunet.com
Tue Jun 22 22:43:56 EDT 2004

<quote who="Vinayak Naik">

> Card: SMC2532W-B
> Driver: HostAP
> OS: Linux 2.4.20
>
> My question is whether its possible to sniff and send packets
> simulataneosly when the card is in monitor mode?

I have several of these cards setup in FC2 (2.6.6-1.435) with HostAP CVS
from 2004-06-06 and I'm willing to investigate this.

By sniff you mean 802.2 LLC Protocol(?)  Are you listening for other APs?

Because you're not associated to an AP while in monitor mode, you won't
see IP traffic... how would you decode?

By "send packets" do you want to send beacon frames (managed mode) or IP?

What are you trying to accomplish?  There was something in one of the
READMEs about maintaining simultaneous Master and Managed modes as long as
they were both on the same channel.

--
Regards
RescuNET.com