wireless extensions

Matt Brown matt at mattb.net.nz
Thu Jun 17 18:03:23 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 09:58, Tejas Arun Kokje wrote:

> Can I use Linux wireless extensions to have my own equivalent of
> iwconfig and iwpriv which will configure the prism card. I mean can I
> use ioctl call to set/change WEP, change frequency, set SSID etc.

Yes. The source of iwconfig and iwpriv is extremely valuable when doing
this sort of task. There is also a wireless library (iwlib) which sits
alongside iwconfig, et. al. and can be of some use, although it is
somewhat limited in what it supports.

I recently wrote a python binding for the Linux wireless extensions
using exactly the method you describe.

--
Matt Brown
Email:	matt at mattb.net.nz