Hostap and pppoe

nondito nondito at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 03:35:43 EDT 2004

Hello,

As far as I know (from my little bit of work with
hostap) a wireless client can not associate with the
AP if there is no ip address assigned on the wireless
interface of the AP.

I am planning to run pppoe on my hostap box, and now I
just found in rp-pppoe's document that if I want to
run pppoe on an interface, there can not be any IP
assigned on that interface.

Anyone running pppoe with hostap? Is it a possible
combination?

Is there anyway I can have no ip address assigned to
my wlan0 but still be able to have the client machines
to associate with my AP?

Thanks,

nondito