Firmware for > 11 channels

Matt Brown matt at mattb.net.nz
Wed Jun 16 08:39:27 EDT 2004

Hi,

In New Zealand our radio spectrum license for the 2.4Ghz frequency
allows us to use channels 1-13 of the 802.11b specification, however due
to market forces all of the 802.11b equipment sold in New Zealand is
imported from America and as such is only able to use channels 1-11.

We are currently working on a project where it would be very useful to
be able to use an extra channel in our deployment. I have access to a
range of cards.

- Orinoco Silver and Gold PCMCIA
- Orinoco miniPCI with PCMCIA bridge onboard
- Senao Prism 2/2.5 PCMCIA / miniPCI cards

I assume the hostap driver works with whatever channels the card
firmware reports are available?

Does anybody know if there is firmware available, say from Japan, or
somewhere in Europe that enables all 13 (or 14) channels? Has the
hostap driver been tested with this firmware?

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

--
Matt Brown
Email:	matt at mattb.net.nz