a lot of errors making hostap

Utin Mikhail A CONT NPRI UtinMA at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Tue Jun 15 17:14:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am returning to compiling issue of hostap.

I installed FC2 kernel version 2.6.5-1.358 (not upgraded to anything to save some time).

Then I flowed recommendations from "Host AP drive installation notes...

1.	created link /usr/src/linux to ./linux-2.6.5-1.358
2.	removed "custom" from EXTRAVERSION=
3.	make mrproper
4.	copied config file from /boot to /usr/src/linux using recommended command
5.	make oldconfig
6.	make dep  This generated a Warning (not sure exactly, but ...)
7.	in my home dir I un-tared the driver file hostap-driver-0.2.2
8.	make clean    was OK
9.	make   generated A LOT of errors like:

error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type (A LOT)

error: syntax error before "u16"

error: storage size of ...isn't known (A LOT)

Finally, it reported Error 1 and Error 2 referencing hostap.o and the directory.

What could be wrong?

Thank you

Mikhail A. Utin