AW: Change orinoco driver to hostap with kernel 2.6.6

Martin List-Petersen martin+hostap at list-petersen.net
Mon Jun 14 15:38:54 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 18:19, Derek Schuff wrote:
> the orinoco driver, however, does support prism cards, and is the default
> driver for prism cards. (I think)
>
> So you probably want to check the PCMCIA config. Make sure you
> have /etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf and that your card is listed in it, and that
> your /etc/pcmcia/config file has the line "source ./*.conf" at the end of it.
> Then restart your PCMCIA services and give it a go.

The orinoco driver supports prism and hermes cards. Correct.
HostAP just supports prism cards.

The Dell TM1150 is a hermes based card. You would need to look at
HermesAP, if you wan't to use master mode with that card. HostAP is not
the solution.

If you however just want to have it to work use the orinoco or wvlan
drivers.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin (at) list (dash) petersen (dot) dk

Martin List-Petersen <martin+hostap at list-petersen.net>