WPA Supplicant

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Jun 13 20:57:12 EDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 02:57:29PM -0700, Skerb1 wrote:

> I am using WPA Supplicant 0.2.2
> I have a D-Link DI-624 with firmware 2.42
> and a Broadcom BCM94306 using the Linuxant Driverloader

> Anyway I can connect to my access point just fine using WPA-TKIP when I
> have the BROADCAST SSID enabled on my AP.  However whenever I disable
> the BROADCAST SSID setting I can no longer connect to my AP in Linux.

> Here is a copy of my wpa_supplicant config file:
>
> network={
>     ssid="myssid"
>     psk=abcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcdefabcd
> }

You will need to add scan_ssid=1 into that network block to enable
active scanning of the SSID. Please note that I have not tested this
with Linuxant Driverloader and at least some time ago they had not yet
added support for this. The current Host AP driver is able to associate
with an AP that had broadcast SSID disabled, so wpa_supplicant should
support this as long as the driver can be configured to do active
scanning.