Toshiba ToPIC95 PCI to Cardbus Bridge with ZV Support

AP-Research HostAP-Research at maxrack.net
Mon Jun 7 17:11:59 EDT 2004

I'm not able to load Linux Kernel Card Services on my Toshiba Satellite
5205-S703.

lspci -vv reveals that my -
CardBus bridge:
 Texas Instruments PCI1410 PC card Cardbus Controller (rev 01) is [disabled]
&
CardBus bridge:
 ToPIC95 PCI to Cardbus Bridge with ZV Support (rev 33) is [disabled]

I'm using Fedora Core 2 which has cardctl version 3.2.7 and the following
is the syslogd output...

/var/log/messages:
              pcmcia: Starting PCMCIA services:
              cardmgr[1696]: no sockets found!
              pcmcia: done.
              pcmcia: cardmgr[1696]: no sockets found!

I see the correct pci.id in both of the following files:
/usr/src/linux/drivers/pci/devlist.h
/usr/src/linux/drivers/pci/pci.ids

...but there's no actual #define in:
/usr/src/linux/drivers/pcmcia/topic.h

I consulted http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/doc/PCMCIA-HOWTO-1.html
and support for this controller is listed as "(experimental, incomplete)".

Do any of the uber-geeks here know of a hack?  Or have I missed something?

More verbosity upon request.

--
Regards
KC Ferguson