Wired

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Jun 6 00:55:58 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 12:03:45PM -0400, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 10:58:14AM +0200, Gunter Burchardt wrote:
> > process. There is much Host AP related stuff. I will move it to the new
> > function hostapd_driver_init() in driver.c .
> >
> > Is there a hostap-devel mailing list? Its ok to send the patches in
> > this list or should i send it to your directly?
>
> How about using netdev for wider review since hostap will be part of the
> next stock kernel release?

netdev is for Linux kernel network development and hostapd is a user
space program.. In my opinion, this Host AP mailing list sounds like the
best place for this kind of discussion and patches. There is no
hostap-devel mailing list and yes, it is ok to send patches here.

PS.

I'm not sure what you mean with "next stock kernel release", but Host AP
driver is not in the Linux 2.6.x tree; it was added to wireless-2.6
tree..